PURE SILICON TEM WINDOWS
5 nm, 9 nm, 15 nm, and NANOPOROUS
TEMwindows Handling Instructions
Read more about the unique combination of enabling Features and Benefits of Pure Silicon.
- Nanometer Thinness: Thinner than the thinnest available carbon grids
- Plasma Cleanable: Pure Silicon TEM Windows can be vigorously plasma cleaned to remove organic contamination, unlike carbon grids
- Increased Uniformity: Reduced field-to-field variability
- Increased Stability: At high beam currents and high annealing temperatures (600C for non-porous, >1000C for nanoporous)
- Reduced Chromatic Blur: Half the chromatic blur of carbon grids
- Nanometer-Scale Pores: Allow stable suspension of nanoscale materials for imaging without background
- Silicon Composition: Sputter-deposited, pure, intrinsic silicon
- Minimal Background Signal: Enables elemental analyses of samples containing nitrogen and/or carbon
NOTE: US100-P30 replaced US200-P15. P30 Membranes are 3X more porous than P15. P15 is still available by special order.